- The International Jury is selected based on recommendations and his/her activities within IPhO/APhO and/or capability to answer problems comparable to IPhO/APhO level of difficulty.
- The International Jury must master at least one of the following languages: English, Chinese, Russian or the native language of the host country.
The International Jury can be:
- Past IPhO/APhO gold medalists.
- Past or current IPhO/APhO team leaders
- Physics professors and/or lecturers.
The International Jury’s responsibilities are:
- Assisting in deciding problems for the Selection Round.
- Evaluating students’ answers during the Selection Round.
- Interviewing (*) students who achieve scores above 78%.
- Recommending the 100 best participants to the Final Round.
(*) in the interview, the Jury must either use English, Chinese, Russian or the native language of the host country.
- The International Jury will be invited to WoPhO’s Final Round at the Organizing Committee’s expenses (covering round trip economy air fare, accommodations and pocket money).
- The International Jury will receive a certificate.
- The International Jury may become a jury at the Final Round.